• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Any Specific Cause Of Hypnagogia Or Medication?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kanyeknievel

Bluelighter
Hey, I think Hypnagogia is the right word. I have to go to work soon so I have to type this quick. But when I sleep, even if I sleep a good amount of time and I have to wake up earlier, and I'm not ready to get up ( even though I got plenty of sleep) and I try to go back to sleep or lay there... i get mild to sometimes rarely a little more auditorly halllucationations. I know its from going from the sleeping consciouns to the waking and the transgression, but it really bothers me since I have depersonalization, aka anxiety.

I know there isn't anything wrong and that happens to a lot of people. I'm just wondering if there is anything I could do to prevent it from happening or is there medication for it? It just skeeves me out, and sometimes I get a weird flashes of lightheadedness when going back to sleep, similar flashes to brain zaps but not zaps, lightheaded sort'veness.

I guess im looking for some reaasurance to an extent, but I know this is just from sleeping and its nothing serious. But Im just wondering what exactly causes it, is there anything I can do to stop it, as in dont do before sleeping?
fyi, I ALWAYS wake up atleast once or twice every night in the middle of the night, its like a habit i've made myself that I always excpect and I smoke a ciggarette almost everytime
Thanks!

Hypnagogia is the term for the state between sleep and wake. Yes, there is a specific cause: It's normal--It's called "waking up." :p

What you're talking about sounds more like "night terrors," which you already have a thread about, as do numerous others in this forum and in Second Opinion. Search this forum for "paralysis" (as "sleep" is too ambiguous) and see if any of those threads can give you insight. (I tried to provide you with a link that would be that search, but unfortunately search results have unique URLS and I cannot figure out how to make a static URL.)

If you would like this reopened/merged with your other thread, drop me a line. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.